Starting from Coal Aston Village Hall
1. From the playing fields, proceed towards the allotments and then take footpath 37, which leads NE through fields to Cook Spring Wood. On entering the wood, turn right to cross a footbridge and then uphill into Owler Car Wood.
2. Where the paths divide, turn left to follow the track downhill for a few yards and then turn up the hill to the right to join the top path. Turn left and follow this to the edge of the wood.
3. Leave the wood and cross the field to the ‘Rotary seat’. Follow the Round Dronfield Walk signs from here to Sicklebrook Farm and the Gate Inn at Troway.
4. Climb the hill and, taking great care, cross Eckington Road to continue along the route of the Round Dronfield Walk, across the airstrip and down to Summerley Top Road.
5. Turn right along the road and then left down Summerley Hill. Just beyond Summerley Green Farm turn right through a squeezer stile to cross pasture land and continue down the hill on the edge of Frith Wood.
6. Cross the bridge and proceed uphill to Firthwood Road. Return via Firthwood Avenue, Barnard Avenue and Eckington Road to Coal Aston Village Hall (cross via the refuge).