Starting from Coal Aston Village Hall
1. Turn left at the bottom of Birches Lane and walk to the first kissing gate – turn right. Follow the hedgerow to the first stile, cross over and follow the diagonal path across the next field (path 35). Cross the stile and turn right along Cross Lane (path 34).
2. Follow the path/bridleway as it bears left down the next field to enter Nor Wood. Turn right on entering the wood to follow the (non-designated) footpath, which winds down through Nor Wood and along the bank of the stream through Cook Spring Wood. Keep going downhill to cross a bridge and a stile into Dowey Lumb (a butterfly sanctuary).
3. Ignore the footbridge to the right and go straight ahead over another stile and down to the third footbridge. Do not cross but turn sharp left here up the bank to join the bridleway. Turn right along the bridleway and down to the stream. Cross the stream as best you can and turn left up the hill. Where the bridleway forks, turn left uphill into Bridle Road Wood and follow the trail along the right bank of a ravine. Turn left at the end and follow the trail as it leads down to a footbridge. Cross the bridge and turn right up the edge of a field.
4. At the first stile, turn right into Newfield Spring Wood. Follow the path through the wood and take the farm road through the next field to a metal gate. Go through the gate and follow the path/bridleway to a second gate at Hazlebarrow Farm.
5. Turn sharp left here and follow the farm track downhill. Cross the next field, keeping to the left of the hedgerow, and over two stiles to enter Long Wood. Go straight ahead down the hill to cross a footbridge and then uphill through Nor Wood. Leave the wood and continue uphill to join Cross Lane (path 34).
6. Bear right, but turn left at the first stile and take the diagonal path (35) across the field towards the allotments. Turn left at the next stile and left again at the kissing gate. Turn right up Birches Lane to return to Coal Aston Village Hall.