Starting from the Wesleyan Reform Church, Cross Lane
1. Walk along Cross Lane to the ‘Cross Daggers’, down the alleyway to Eckington Road. Cross Eckington Road and down the alleyway to Cunliffe Street and Wilson Road.
2. Take path 36 to the farm on Cross Lane. Turn right and follow the farm track (path 34) into Nor Wood. Walk down to the stream, cross the footbridge and climb the bank at the far side, through Long Wood, to join the footpath which crosses fields to Hazlebarrow Farm.
3. Turn right and follow the bridle path, which skirts Newfield Spring Wood and into Bridle Road Wood. Turn right and take the footpath along the edge of this wood, then down the hill to the Moss Brook. Turn left and then right to cross the footbridge and climb the steps to Dowey Lumb (a butterfly sanctuary).
4. Cross the stile and proceed up the field. Turn right at the hedgerow and take the short path into Owler Car Wood. Go through the beech wood and then turn downhill to cross the stream by the footbridge.
5. Turn left and follow footpath 37 to the playing fields and Coal Aston Village Hall. Cross Eckington Road, turn right and go via Stone Road and Kiln Hill back to Cross Lane and the Wesleyan Reform Church.